The Advantages of Hardwood Kitchen Cabinets
Most realtors will explain to you that there’s nothing more pleasing to potential home buyers than natural wood kitchen cabinets, because they bring a feeling of sophistication and charm into any kitchen. There are many other advantages of solid wood kitchen cabinets.
1. Natural wood cabinets compliment any kitchen style. One can find certain traditions about the woods and finishes normally found in a variety of kitchen models, together with customs about cabinet door designs. As an example, a darker hardwood like ebony, mahogany or cherry is best suited in a vintage, country or eclectic style kitchen. It would rarely be used in contemporary styles.
2. Wood cabinets are strong and hard-wearing. Wood base cabinets will easily support almost any counter top material, including stone (granite, slate, marble, or concrete), and they hold up well under heavy use, in addition to steam and heat. Most tiny blemishes, nicks or scuff marks can be simply fixed. As time goes by, wood should be re-finished, restored, cleaned as well as, painted or stained.
3. Wood cabinets are clearly considerably better than any material that’s MDF or veneered. Cabinets which were constructed with glue have to be very carefully maintained as the glue will likely be damaged by the dampness after a while and the laminate or veneer will begin to curl or peel. Real wood cannot curl or peel.
4. Solid wood kitchen cabinets can be bought in lots of wood selections and stains, allowing a homeowner to buy the color and wood that best match the layout and décor of their home. Various woods can be finished in a number of ways to make a customized surface.
5. Wood cabinets are safe. Unlike metal cabinets, there is nothing in wood cabinets that can chemically affect the food stored in them.
6. Wood kitchen cabinets don’t go out of fashion. This is why their beauty and warmth improve the visual appeal and worth of your property when it is time to offer it for sale.
Realizing these points, you now have a better understanding about why men and women favor real wood kitchen cabinets instead of any other kind.